Renewable Energy is non-polluted source of energy which is monitor in INDIA under the MNRE- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of INDIA established at 1992 and India becomes a first country to set up ministry for renewable energy in all over the world. Mr. Piyush Goel, a cabinet minister is currently Head of MNRE. In INDIA MNRE has an authority to planning and development of renewable energy sources such as Solar power, Wind power, Tidal power, Biomass power and small Hydro power plant, so that MNRE has established following research Institutes and state Agencies:
- Alternate Hydro Energy Centre, located inside the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- The Solar Energy Centre (SEC), located in Haryana.
- The Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Renewable Energy (SSS-NIRE), near Jallandhar, Punjab.
- Centre for Wind Energy Technology (C-WET) in Chennai, TamilNadu
- Uttarakhand Renewable Energy Development Agency (UREDA) – in Uttarakhand
- Non-conventional Energy Development Agency (NEDA) – in Uttar Pradesh
* other states also setup the agencies for monitoring the renewable energy in their states.
Renewable Energy Goals in India :
MNRE has scaled a ambitious target for generation of renewable electricity up to 175 GW till 2022 including generation 100 GW from solar power, 60 GW from Wind power, 10 GW form Biomass power and 5 GW from small Hydro Plant.
Statistics of Installed and purposed capacity :
|Sources||Total Installed Capacity (M.W)||2022 Target (MW)|
|Small Hydro Power||4333.85||5000.00|
|* Statistics as of Dec 31,2016|
Top Renewable Energy Companies in India:
- Solar Power :
- Tata Power Solar System Limited
- Vikram Solar Pvt Ltd
- Emmvee Group
- Waaree Energies Ltd
- Moser Baer Solar Group
- Wind Power:
- Suzlon Energy Limited
- Regen Powertech Private Limited
- Orient Green Power Limited
- Vestas India
- Gamesa Wind Turbines Private Limited