Paramjeet Singh Jamwal
B.Tech, EEE, College Of Engineering Roorkee
- An independent source which can deliver or absorb energy continuously is called an active element.
- The resistivity of annealed copper at 20 degree centigrade is 1.725 x 10^-8 ohm-m.
- Of all pure metals, the resistacne increase with an increase in temperature.
- Resistance of carbon, electrolyte and insulating materials decrease with an increase in temperature.
- Of alloys, the resistance increase very slightly with increase in temperature.
- Alloy used in electrical work, such as manganin shows no change of resistance for considerable variation of temperature. An alloy is a metal that is made by mixing two or more type of metals together.
Bronze = Copper + Tin
- Ohm’s Law – The current flowing thruogh a conductor is directly proportional to the potential difference existing between the two ends of the conductor. (Temperature Constant)
- Maximum Power Transfer Theorem – Power transfer to the load is maximum when load resistance R is equal to the Thevenin’s resistance Rth of the network.
Basic Electrical Engineering | V N Mittle & Arvind Mittal